Our Theatre and Performance degree is a hands-on course with a real emphasis on individuality and experimentation, together with strong links to the contemporary theatre and performance industry. It’s ideal if you have an interest in performing, writing or directing theatre for the stage; are interested in people; and are inspired by the world around you.
Practical classes are delivered in state-of-the-art ‘black box’ theatres in our purpose-built Media Factory, preparing you for the creative and physical demands of this dynamic industry. While workshops and group performances will help you develop a wide range of acting, performance and devising skills, you’ll also study events management, physical theatre, scriptwriting, performing, and more.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Theatre and Performance is ranked 1st in the UK
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Theatre and Performance is ranked 2nd in England with 98% of students satisfied with learning opportunities
- This course has links to international festivals, offering the opportunity to visit and perform as part of your studies.
Whether you see your future performing on the stage or creating behind the scenes, the Theatre and Performance (Hons) course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) offers a vital step – with key connections, skills and experience.
This is a course shaped by strong links with the performing arts industry. It offers both the creative freedom to explore your individuality, and the practical skills and academic rigour to ensure you’re well prepared for life as a practicing professional.
The unique and rewarding reason why you should study on this course is for the range of areas you can go into in the arts industry upon graduation. Yes, we are training performers, but we are also building skills in arts marketing, organising and running festivals, back stage and front of house operations. You’ll gain the skills you need to become a Producer, Director, Fundraiser, Workshop Leader and much more. Our students graduate with many skills and options for working professionally in the arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Devised Theatre Performance
- Performance Technique
- Performance Contexts
- Contemporary Performance Skills
- Theatre and Performance Research
- Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 777 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS: 96-112 points at A2
- BTEC Extended Diploma: MMM-DMM
- BTEC Diploma: DD-D*D*
- Pass Access Course: 96-112 UCAS points
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Pass including 96-112 points from Higher Level subjects
- GCSEs: 5 at grade C/4 including Maths and English or equivalent
- Applicants must attend an audition
- you will be sent an email by our Admissions Office asking you to book onto a selection day event
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part time: £1540 per 20 credits (UK/EU)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.