Creative Advertising is about combining creative writing (known in the trade as copywriting) and design (art direction). We bring these skills together to create ideas that affect change and promote products, services and ideas.
Advertising has employed some of our most creative minds for nearly 100 years – and it’s easy to see why. Every day is different and you’re constantly innovating and problem solving. There aren’t many jobs where you get to write, make films, design posters and work with the latest tech all at once!
The Creative Advertising (Hons) at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) brings together creative thinkers who are curious about the world around them. Maybe you’re a writer, an artist, a designer or perhaps interested working in print, film, TV or online. Whatever your background, what you’ll have in common is an ambition to change minds and bring your ideas to life.
A degree in Advertising is a gateway to a number of diverse careers in the creative industries – one of the fastest growing business sectors in the UK.
One of the main goals of the course is to launch our students into a rewarding creative career and each year we give our graduates the best possible platform to showcase their talent through our end of year graduate shows in Preston, Manchester and London. Here the top creative agencies on the lookout for the next generation of talent are invited to see our students work up close as well as meet them in person
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Thinking
- Applied Advertising
- Graphic Communication in Context
- Professional Practice
- Design: Culture and Society
- Communication Craft Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 480 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical offer is 104 - 112 UCAS Points. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable) together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement. General Studies accepted
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Diploma: Distinction*, Distinction - Distinction*, Distinction*
- Pass Access Course: 106 - 112 UCAS Points
- International Baccalaureate: Pass Diploma with 104 - 112 UCAS points from Higher Level Subjects
- IELTS: 6.0 with no score lower than 5.5
- GCSE: 5 at grade C/4 including Maths & English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12700 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.