Civil engineers are custodians of the built environment.
The field of civil engineering includes the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the built environment such as airports, bridges, buildings, dams, earth retaining structures, highways, irrigation and drainage systems, river and harbor improvements, water supply and distribution systems, waste water collection and treatment, and other infrastructure facilities.
This Civil Engineering program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have an aptitude in math and science
- Like to design and build infrastructure systems
- Are a creative problem solver
- Are good with technology
- Have strong communication skills
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Surveying
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Principles of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering Computer-Aided Design
- Structural Materials Lab
- Water Supply and Wastewater Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 2380 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at South Dakota State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
For admission to SDSU, we look for one of the following academic achievements:
- An ACT composite score or ACT superscore of 18 or SAT Math and Reading/Writing subscore total of 970 or
- Level 3 or higher on Math and English Language Arts Smarter Balance Assessment or
- A high school cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher or
- A ranking in the top 60 percent of graduating class.
Students should also complete the following core courses with a “C” average or above:
- 4 years of English (or ACT English subscore of 18 or above).
- 3 years of advanced math—Algebra I and higher (or ACT math subscore of 20).
- 3 years of laboratory science (or ACT science reasoning subscore of 17).
- 3 years of social science (or ACT reading subscore of 17).
- 1 year of fine arts (or AP Fine Arts score of 3 or above) Includes vocal, instrumental and studio arts.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State8417 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.