Civil engineers are custodians of the built environment.
The field of civil engineering includes the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the built environment such as airports, bridges, buildings, dams, earth retaining structures, highways, irrigation and drainage systems, river and harbor improvements, water supply and distribution systems, waste water collection and treatment, and other infrastructure facilities.
This Civil Engineering program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have an aptitude in math and science
- Like to design and build infrastructure systems
- Are a creative problem solver
- Are good with technology
- Have strong communication skills
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Surveying and Lab
- Civil Engineering Materials and Lab
- Principles of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering Computer-Aided Design
- Structural Materials Lab
- Water Supply and Wastewater Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 544 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.