At the start of the BSc Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation (Hons) course at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) , you will have the choice to study one stream from two choices, these being crime scene investigation or forensic anthropology. The stream you choose will be followed throughout your study.
Throughout the course you will learn all aspects of the law relating to forensic science, you will also learn how to recognise, enhance and recover all evidence types from crime scenes and how to analyse that evidence in the laboratory. During your final year you will also be required to write a dissertation, largely of your own choice.
In such a competitive job market, UCLan graduates stand out. You’ll find them at work as forensic scientists and analysts in both private companies and for the police force, and working as crime scene investigators, police intelligence analysts and police officers, at home and overseas
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Volume Crime Scene Science
- Study Skills for Criminal Investigation
- Forensic Practice
- Research Methods
- The Science and Management of Death
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science Criminology View 456 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical offer is 104-112 UCAS Points. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable) together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement. General Studies accepted
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Diploma: Distinction*, Distinction
- Pass Access Course: 106-112 UCAS Points
- International Baccalaureate:Pass Diploma with 104-112 UCAS points from Higher Level Subjects
- IELTS: 6.0 with no score lower than 5.5
- GCSE: 5 at grade C/4 including Maths & English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.