The Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management program at South Dakota State University provides a comprehensive and challenging curriculum that includes courses in general education, business, and hospitality, tourism, and event management, combined with relevant operational and management experience under the supervision and guidance of industry professionals and program faculty.
At the conclusion of the program, students will be able to:
With a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management from South Dakota State University, the hospitality, tourism, and event industry is yours to conquer. We are dedicated to making the hospitality, tourism, and event management program at SDSU one of the leading professional management-related programs in the Midwest.
This specialized business degree prepares you for leadership roles in the dynamic, service-oriented hospitality industry. Traditional business courses in accounting, economics and law are complemented by hospitality marketing, meeting/event management, lodging management, hospitality facilities management, food and beverage management, and international tourism. All of these courses help to give you a solid foundation required for any number of hospitality specialties.
Some of the many areas you can focus your career within hospitality management:
- Hotel Management
- Event Management
- Restaurant Management
- Casino Management
- Tourism Management
- Theme Park Management
- Private Club Management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Consumer Behavior
- Customer Service
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Foodservice Sanitation
- Events and Facilities Administration
- Hospitality Industry Law
- Lodging Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 224 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at South Dakota State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
For admission to SDSU, we look for one of the following academic achievements:
- An ACT composite score or ACT superscore of 18 or SAT Math and Reading/Writing subscore total of 970 or
- Level 3 or higher on Math and English Language Arts Smarter Balance Assessment or
- A high school cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher or
- A ranking in the top 60 percent of graduating class.
Students should also complete the following core courses with a “C” average or above:
- 4 years of English (or ACT English subscore of 18 or above).
- 3 years of advanced math—Algebra I and higher (or ACT math subscore of 20).
- 3 years of laboratory science (or ACT science reasoning subscore of 17).
- 3 years of social science (or ACT reading subscore of 17).
- 1 year of fine arts (or AP Fine Arts score of 3 or above) Includes vocal, instrumental and studio arts.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.