On BSc Biomedical Science (Hons) course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) you will develop an in-depth understanding of the human body in health and disease, both through extensive hands-on laboratory work and by linked academic theory.
Year 1 provides a sound theoretical and practical framework covering biochemistry, microbiology, physiology and pharmacology and key laboratory skills. Year 2 is where analytical and critical skills are developed and areas such as human physiology, metabolism, molecular biology and enhanced practical and research skills are studied in detail.
Biomedical Science graduates can work in diagnostic and pathology laboratories in hospitals and other medical institutions or within biomedical related industries. Others opt to pursue careers in research through postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential Skills in Biosciences
- Biosciences in Practice
- Biology of Disease
- Molecules to Cells
- Tissues to Organisms
- Blood Sciences for Biomedical Sciences
- Infection Sciences for Biomedical Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biochemistry View 700 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS: 96-112 points at A2 including Biology or Chemistry or applied science or environmental science
- BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in applied science
- BTEC Diploma: D*D* including science
- Pass Access Course: 96-112 UCAS
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Pass including 96-112 points from Higher Level Biology or chemistry
- IELTS: 6.0 with no component lower than 5.5
- GCSEs: 5 at grade C/4 including Maths and English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part time UK/eu £1540 per 20 credits
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.