The MPhys Astrophysics programme at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) offers the opportunity to explore the very fabric of our universe. You’ll develop skills in various scientific methods, while learning how physics applies to stellar objects and systems.
With us, you’ll work in a state-of-the art learning environment for practical analysis, interpretation and modelling of astronomical data, developing a sophisticated practical and theoretical knowledge base. You’ll also get the chance to spend a year abroad, whether studying at a partner institution or working with an approved research project. We collaborate with some of the world’s leaders in the field, including NASA and the Southern African Large Telescope.
Our MPhys (Hons) Astrophysics degree course provides the analytical and mathematical skills which are prized across a range of industries, as well as a strong foundation for a career in research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Astrophysics 2
- Electromagnetism and Waves
- Year2 Laboratory
- Thermal and Quantum Physics
- Ordinary Differential Equations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 588 other Bachelors in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS: 128 points at A2 including grade A/B in Physics and Maths (Use of Maths not accepted)
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Only considered with Maths and Physics A2 Level with one at B and one at A
- Pass Access Course: 128 points including 15 Level 3 credits at D in Maths and Physics
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 128 points from Higher Level subjects including Higher Level 5/6 Maths and Physics
- IELTS: grade 6 with no component lower than 5.5
- GCSEs: 5 at grade C/4 including Maths and English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.