In a world where mobile phones are connecting everyone, why do people feel further apart from each other? Why is it that in a world with more diversity, conservative attitudes are on the rise? Cities are becoming more and more important – but who are going to be the winners and losers in living in and using these cities? Artificial intelligence offers many improvements in life, but what is it doing to how we consume, vote, work, and even maintain relationships? The Sociology (Hons) course from London South Bank University provides you with the opportunity to engage with these, and many other contemporary issues such as globalisation, gender, religion, sexuality, identity formation, nationalism and more.
By the end of your time at LSBU you will have a balance of theory, practice and experience, which will deepen your understanding of yourself and the world, and, what is more, give you the tools to be active agents in that world.
A Sociology (Hons) course from London South Bank University gives you the freedom to choose any number of career paths, including, and media-related work, including journalism.Our courses –prepare you for a range of careers in the media, education, local government, the civil service, research, public relations, advertising, management, marketing, teaching, social work, public administration, the voluntary sector and more. Enhance your employability by taking part in our employability events and choosing a work placement module in Year 2.
Our graduates have forged exciting careers in research, public relations, teaching, advertising, retail, management and the civil service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gender, Sexualities and Society
- Social Research Methods
- Decolonisation and Legacies of the British Empire
- Contemporary Policy Making
- The Making of Modern Society: : The light and the Dark
- Working in the Social Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 181 other Bachelors in Anthropology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BCC or:
- BTEC National Diploma MMM or:
- Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Merits or:
- Equivalent Level 3 qualifications worth 106 UCAS points
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English, or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.