As a BEng degree programme, this course develops a deep understanding of the essential facts, concepts, theories and principles of mechanical engineering and its underpinning science and mathematics.
We’re hands on, practical and applied. That’s why you can expect ‘design-make-test’ projects to feature throughout your degree, not just at the end.
As an engineer, you can be a problem-solver, a technical specialist, a manager and more. The types of projects you’ll work on are interesting and varied and there’ll always be something new to motivate and inspire you.
With such a varied list of career prospects, you can be sure that life as a mechanical engineer will never be dull. The kinds of projects involved will depend on the sector you choose to work in. You could find yourself designing a mechanical heart to prolong human life or be asked to improve the production process on an oil refinery. It really is that diverse.
Take a look at some potential careers, including mechanical engineer, on Prospects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced engineering mathematics and modelling
- Engineering design
- Solid mechanics and FEA
- Dynamics and control
- Thermofluids and sustainable energy
- Machine drives and mechatronics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1211 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBB or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions and 21 Merits including 3 Distinctions in Maths and 9 Merits in Physics or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 122 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths or Physical Science
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.