Employability after the Civil Engineering (Hons) course at London South Bank University
Civil engineers deliver a vital service in ensuring the safe, well-resourced construction of a huge range of projects in the built and natural environment, from transport networks to Olympic stadia.
The careers opportunities available to graduates of civil engineering are very diverse, from working as an engineering technician, surveyor or inspector of construction, to employment as a drafter creating visual guidelines for construction teams.
Diversification into management, engineering research or professions that value a numerical degree such as accountancy or banking has also historically been a possibility. Wherever an economy is strong there is an increase in demand for professionally qualified civil engineers, so overseas travel is also a possibility.
Because civil engineering is such a broad area, there are lots of different specialisms to consider after graduating. Our degree gives you a solid foundation for entering any of them.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- BIM and Design
- Fluid mechanics
- Construction practice
- Structures and construction technology
- Engineering surveying
- Materials and Geology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 460 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits including Maths and Physical Science credit or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK fee: £5550
- International fee: £9240
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.