Building services engineering covers the design, installation, operation and maintenance of all the things that make a building safe, comfortable, energy efficient and functional. It’s always in demand and set to grow as buildings’ designs evolve to become more sustainable.
This Building Services Engineering (Hons) course from London South Bank University is designed to equip you with the technical, management and communication skills needed to be an effective leader of teams involved in the design of building services and energy conservation in buildings.
Building service engineers help buildings to deliver on their potential. They work with architects and construction engineers to produce buildings that offer the functionality and comfort we expect, with the minimum impact on our environment. They design the lighting appropriate for the space, the heating, cooling, ventilation and all systems that ensure comfort, health and safety in all types of buildings, residential, commercial and industrial.
Take a look at some potential careers, including building services engineer, on Prospects.
This course will prepare you for a career in the building services engineering industry in areas such as: design and build, contracting, consultancy, energy management, and facilities management.
BEng degrees include additional science and maths; many recruiters look favourably on BEng graduates for this reason. If you combine your BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering with an accredited Masters, you can achieve Chartered Engineer status.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) , the Energy Institute and the Energy Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering mathematics
- Building services engineering principles
- Construction practice
- Internal environment and comfort
- Heating and ventilation systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 54 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 460 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK fee: £5550
- International fee: £9240
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.