You’ll learn how the human body works on physiological, biomechanical and psychological levels and how to apply this knowledge to training methods, mental techniques and nutritional strategies that enable people to consistently perform at the upper ranges of their abilities.
Crucially, you’ll gain insight into how the mind and body respond to the demands of sport and exercise and how they react under intense conditions such as strenuous physical activity or competition.
Careers and your future
The Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences course offered by Brunel University London's staff have national and international reputations for their research, publications and applied work. Many are accredited by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES), the British Psychological Society (BPS) or the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), which enables them to work with high-performance athletes from a wide variety of sports – and many of them do.
This means that your education will be at the forefront of theory and practice, covering the most up-to-date industry knowledge which will prepare you for a career in a variety of fields.
You may wish to continue your education further by studying a postgraduate course. This programme is the ideal stepping stone to progress to postgraduate courses and a career in academic research. You could even choose to progress to a postgraduate course to become a physiotherapist.
- Fundamentals of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences
- Research and Learning Skills
- Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy
- Social Sciences of Sport
- Physical Activity, Health and Wellbeing
- Synoptic Study
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 999 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE A Level BBC, including either Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Maths, Human Biology, Psychology, Sport Science, Sport Studies, Sociology, Physics, or PE.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD in Applied Science, Sport, Sport and Physical Activity or Sport and Exercise Science.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma DD in Applied Science, Sport, Sport and Physical Activity or Sport and Exercise Science with an A Level at grade B in any subject.
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma D in Applied Science, Sport, Sport and Physical Education with two A Levels at grades BC.
International17875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17875 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
£1,385 placement year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.