The Massey University Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations) will build the skills you need for a successful career in public relations. You will develop your interpersonal and inter-group communication abilities. You’ll also learn strategic thinking, planning, writing, research and information processing skills.
You’ll learn how to help organisations to communicate in persuasive and ethical ways with their staff, customers, regulators, communities, investors, and society. Public relations practitioners:
- organise events
- write and edit media releases
- write and edit online and print newsletters and publications
- develop strategic public relations plans, and
- build relationships through digital media.
Sought-after by employers
85% of graduates are employed within six months of graduation. These graduates are employed across nine different industry categories with more than 60 different job titles.
Leading the way
Massey University was New Zealand’s first institution to offer university-level courses in public relations, so you’ll be able to take advantage of our extensive knowledge and experience in teaching this discipline.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Public Relations Practice
- Public Relations Management
- News Media Processes
- Professional Presentations in Business
- Communication and Technological Change
- International Case Studies in Public Relations
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- No Attendance
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences International Relations View 8 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For most undergraduate level programmes, the minimum academic entry requirement is successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
- International students who have previously studied at a New Zealand secondary school should refer to the secondary school requirements section.
- International students who have completed 3 x B at level 5 or 6 passes in the New Zealand Diploma of Business may apply for entry into a Bachelor's programme
International19121 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19121 USD per year during 36 months.
National4298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4298 USD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: $6,143.20
- International students: $27,330.00
Living costs for Palmerston North
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- New Zealand
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.