You will have the opportunity to learn an east European language and to spend a year studying at a university in the region.
Your learningYou will be taught through a combination of lectures and classes. In classes you will be expected to prepare presentations on selected topics, sometimes as an individual and sometimes as part of a group. These will be followed by class discussion. You will be set regular written work, including essays and exercises involving qualitative methods.
AssessmentYou will receive feedback from tutors on both your oral and written presentation skills to help develop your ability in these areas. Your assessment will be based on unseen written examinations, coursework and a dissertation. For the final-year dissertation you will have a supervisor to provide advice and guidance.
CareersAfter graduating from this Economics and Business with East European Studies with a Year Abroad programme offered at the University College London (UCL) you will have transferable knowledge and skills in economics and business. You will also have expertise in a region where complex issues of political change, economic development and international relations are reshaping national and social expectations.Career destinations of previous graduates include government service (in the UK and the EU), international agencies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs), consultancy (economic, political risk, security, marketing), banking, financial services, law, media, teaching and the leisure sector, as well as further study.
- Applied Game Theory for Economics and Business
- Contemporary Issues in International Business and Strategic Management
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introductory Statistical Methods
- Foundation Language module
- Introduction to International Relations
- Mathematics for Students of Economics, Statistics or related disciplines
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration European Studies View 49 other Bachelors in European Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Good
- A variety of English language programmes are offered at the UCL Centre for Languages & International Education.
International23300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.