A Bachelor of Science in Public Safety Administration from University of Maryland University College can help you build a strong foundation of knowledge in emergency management systems at the federal, state, and local levels to foster cross-agency collaboration. This program can help you further develop critical thinking and leadership skills to solve current and future public safety issues in both public and private sectors.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Facilitate and support leadership in public safety administration to manage successful programs, including intergovernmental, interagency, and interdisciplinary outreach
- Use informed decision making, goal orientation, teamwork, ethical behavior, enhanced technology, and communications to ensure effective leadership in public safety administration
- Use clear and effective communication strategies and strong interpersonal, technological, and social media skills to help build collaborative partnerships
- Identify risks and design responses, plans, training, and exercises that coordinate public and private resources to effectively meet public safety goals
- Develop concise policy, plans, and procedures to support public safety administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Public Safety Practices
- Public Safety Planning
- Public Safety Legal Issues and Public Policy
- Public Safety Research and Technology
- Public Safety Administration Ethics
- Public Safety Leadership
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Law Public Policy View 25 other Bachelors in Public Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Secondary education (high school graduation): If you have earned fewer than 24 transferable credits at a U.S. college or university, you must verify your completion of the equivalent of a U.S. secondary education by doing one of the following:
- Requesting an evaluation from an approved international credit evaluation service
- Providing official transcripts showing completion of the U.S. General Education Development, known as the GED, exam with a passing score
International14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
National14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.