With your Legal Studies degree from University of Maryland University College, you'll be equipped to conduct legal analysis, write and draft legal documents, and perform research in the legal environment.
In your core legal studies degree courses, you'll examine the organization, function, and processes of the lawmaking institutions in the American legal system, as well as the role of the paralegal in the legal system and the governing rules of legal ethics.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Conduct research using appropriate resources to identify relevant, current legal authority
- Draft documents that reflect critical thinking and legal reasoning to inform, evaluate, and advocate on legal issues
- Apply an understanding of legal concepts and procedures to efficiently and ethically support the resolution of legal disputes
- Synthesize relevant information and complete a wide variety of forms and documents used to meet client objectives
In past projects, students have had the opportunity to:
- Draft legal forms, such as petition for divorce, power of attorney, and identification and evaluation of estate property, for submission to court, using legal terms and nomenclature, as well as knowledge of a particular case
- Review the elements of a statute and assess its application to a set of facts
- Review a current case or statutory law and produce a legal theory, approach, or case study to support a hypothetical client's case
- Techniques of Legal Research
- Legal Writing
- Legal Ethics
- Advanced Legal Writing
- Domestic Relations
- Criminal Law and Procedures
- Contract Law
- Advanced Legal Practices
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Public Law Legal Studies View 96 other Bachelors in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Maryland Global Campus and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Secondary education (high school graduation): If you have earned fewer than 24 transferable credits at a U.S. college or university, you must verify your completion of the equivalent of a U.S. secondary education by doing one of the following:
- Requesting an evaluation from an approved international credit evaluation service
- Providing official transcripts showing completion of the U.S. General Education Development, known as the GED, exam with a passing score
International14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
National14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.