The Sport Management major at Southern New Hampshire University can prepare you for a successful career in the dynamic sports industry.
A curriculum of sport management, business and liberal arts courses – combined with valuable sports-related field experiences – gives you a solid foundation for a sport management career.
The sport management major graduates have found career opportunities in professional sports, sports and fitness clubs, golf clubs, ski areas, education, the media and community recreation organizations.
The growth of sports as a major industry has increased the need and opportunity for well-trained professional managers. As an undergraduate sport management major, you'll emerge from the degree program with a well-rounded business education and the sport management skills essential in the field.
Your coursework and field experience will expand your expertise in:
- Employing written and oral communication to educate and persuade audiences
- Using critical and creative thinking to handle sport management issues individually and in a team Utilizing marketing techniques and creating marketing plans
- Identifying key legal issues and responsibilities in the sports world
- Understanding human behavior and sociocultural issues in a sports context Managing a variety of sports facilities
- Utilizing traditional and new methods for generating sports revenue
- Putting sport management practices into action in real-world settings
Internships & Outcomes
With your BS in Sport Management degree in hand, you'll have a variety of career options. Many with degrees in the field of sports management find careers in the areas of marketing, sales and administration. After earning your Sport Management degree, you may find career opportunities in the sports and recreation sector as a:
- Marketing assistant
- Sales manager
- Media relations assistant
- Special events coordinator
- Promotions manager
- Guest relations specialist
- Tournament director
- Sports information director
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Governance/Management of Sport Organizations
- Sport Marketing
- Sport, Society and Ethics
- Seminar in Sport Management (Capstone)
- Global Sport Business
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sports Management Sports Sciences View 1073 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United States
All transcripts submitted must be official or attested copies of degrees, diplomas, or certificates. Academic documents must include an official transcript with record of courses and grades/marks received. Transcripts should be issued by the institution in a sealed and stamped envelope.
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 48 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.