Sociology is the scientific study of human behavior, social groups and society. It's a framework of analysis for understanding how groups form and function as communities and how social habits evolve and influence community development.
Few undergraduate programs offer the cross-disciplinary options of SNHU's BA in Sociology. From geography to psychology to business, the sociology major draws on a number of fields to help you better understand common problems communities face today and develop strategies to address these challenges. In the process, this uniquely comprehensive program helps pave the way for diverse career choices.
As a private, nonprofit university, the Southern New Hampshire University has one mission - to help you see yourself succeed.
The benefits of majoring in Sociology at SNHU include:
- Supportive community. Join the SNHU campus community of students who are closely connected with faculty and staff dedicated to your success
- Affordability. SNHU is one of the most affordable private, nonprofit universities in New Hampshire, and students who qualify could receive up to $20,000 in grants and scholarships. (This scholarship amount is only for students who do not need a visa to study in the U.S.)
- Innovative programs. Study abroad at little or no extra cost
- Accessible faculty. Learn from highly credentialed faculty who are experts in their fields and interact with you in the classroom, dining hall, fitness center and the stands
- Opportunity. Tap into our nationwide network of alumni and strong connections with employers for internship and career opportunities
- Campus experience. Enjoy more than 50 student clubs, champion Division II athletics and fun events on our 300-acre campus in Manchester, N.H., named a "Best Place to Live" by Money magazine
Internships & Outcomes
Most graduates work in research organizations, colleges and universities, state and local government, and consulting service firms. Careers span many fields, including business and planning and urban development.
A sociology degree can also serve as a gateway major to exploring other areas of interest, including fields like law, social work, and education that require additional degrees.
Whether you move on to graduate school or begin or advance in a career, you'll leave the BA in Sociology program at Southern New Hampshire University with a broad set of skills.
- World Geography
- Applied Statistics
- World History and Culture
- Religions of the World
- Cognitive Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Psychology Sociology View 1911 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
All transcripts submitted must be official or attested copies of degrees, diplomas, or certificates. Academic documents must include an official transcript with record of courses and grades/marks received. Transcripts should be issued by the institution in a sealed and stamped envelope.
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 48 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.