Health administrators work in partnership with health teams and governments to improve health, mitigate public health concerns, and manage human, financial and informational resources, whilst promoting health equity and equal access to basic health services.
Athabasca University’s Health Administration program was originally designed exclusively for and with First Nations communities. It was subsequently reformulated to provide a liberal education while maintaining a strong indigenous focus; the well-designed curriculum provides a strong foundation of business administration, management, organizational, and health systems, and cultural knowledge.
- Health-Care Administrator/Hospital Administrator for rural hospitals or community health clinics/centres all across Canada
- Administrator/Manager for long-term care facilities/nursing homes
- middle management-level positions at large hospitals/health regions
- Administrator/Manager at mental health facilities
- provincial government’s departments of health and social services
- Government of Canada departments of health and national defence
- private health-care facilities and long-term care facilities
- large and small consultant agencies in Canada as well as abroad
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Care Economics
- Introduction to Health Administration
- Community Health Planning
- Health Policy in Canada
- Health Care Law
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- There are no formal admission requirements for this program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International24536 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73610 CAD for the full programme during 36 months.
National9510 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28530 CAD for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.