You'll look beyond criminal acts and human motivations to examine the social conditions in which crime occurs, the exercise of power in response to crimes, the nature of conflicts when people interact (individually, in groups and as nations) and how and why societies determine what they will and won’t tolerate.
Key features of the Diploma of Higher Education in Criminology and Psychology at The Open University UK
- Helps you understand how criminology makes sense of crime, harm, social conflict, victimisation and criminal justice
- Develops your understanding of how psychology helps explain human interaction, conflict, criminalisation and victimisation
- Builds critical, analytical and communication skills through an original approach to teaching criminology and psychology
- Enhances your employability in vocational areas, such as the criminal justice system and various social services.
- Investigating psychology
- Living psychology: from the everyday to the extraordinary
- Understanding criminology
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Criminology View 87 other Bachelors in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification.
International6336 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12672 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6336 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12672 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.