Why choose this course?
- Gain real world experience on live industry projects
- Learn from international acclaimed architects and designers
- Explore spaces in project based field work
- Interior Architecture and Design students have participated in live projects with a number of commercial partners including Letchworth Garden City urban regeneration, Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen, Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange, The Forum Hertfordshire, Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council and St Albans Museums.
- The Interior Architecture and Design degree pursues a progressive and holistic teaching approach as we consider the design process as something non-linear or sequential (i.e. research first, design later).
- Graduates from the course are eligible for associate membership to professional institutions such as: The British Interior Design Association, The Society of British Interior Design and The Chartered Society of Designer.
What's next for my career?
Students will foster the transferable skills which will enable them to respond to current and future career challenges. Create opportunities for live projects and work placements in the industry. This Interior Architecture and Design (Hons) degree from University of Hertfordshire equips students with career development skills to work professionally in the disciplines related to interior architecture and design and contribute creatively in a variety of roles, working independently and as part of multidisciplinary design teams.
Interior architects and designers can work on new construction projects or within existing buildings, as an individual practitioner or entrepreneur, within an architectural or interior design company, or as part of a multi-disciplinary design consultancy. They may also move into areas such as retail design and display, production design for stage, film or television, exhibition design, event design, styling of photo shoots, or virtual environments, interactive design and game design. They may work on small-scale domestic schemes for individual clients, or be involved in large corporate identity and branding projects. The Interior Architecture and Design programme enables students to explore the design possibilities of these different areas, to develop their own position as a designer and help them achieve their personal and career development plans.
You’ll be well equipped for a job in the creative industries, whether you choose to specialise in interior architecture and design, or move into a more multidisciplinary role. Many graduates have been offered jobs from leading companies, such as Foster + Partners. You’ll also be eligible for membership of several professional institutions.
- Design Skills
- C&CS L4 History and Theory
- Design Studio (IAD)
- C&CS L5 History and Theory - People, Buildings and Cities
- Advanced Technology
- Professional Work Experience 15: Design
- Professional Work Experience 30: Design
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design Landscape Architecture View 118 other Bachelors in Interior Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBC-BBB - Including formal or informal qualifications in Art or Design
- BTEC DMM-DDM
- Access course: Diploma with 45 level 3 credits at merit.
- Portfolio: Presentation of an acceptable portfolio of artwork.
- IB requirements: 112-120 UCAS points from a minimum of two HL subjects at H4 or above to include Visual Arts at SL or HL (with the remaining points to come from a combination of HL, SL and Core).
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £1155 per 15 credits
- International: £1750 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.