The Law Single (Hons) degree from SOAS University of London aims to produce highly skilled, civic minded and critically engaged graduates, who can effectively contribute to their communities and societies through the knowledge and skills gained on this course.
- SOAS is unique as the only higher education institution in the UK specialising in the study of Asian, Middle East and North African (MENA) and Sub-Saharan African regions
- This programme will immerse you in the legal traditions and practices of a number of global regions, which will give you a critical understanding of the role of law in the world today
- we specialise in key topics including international and transnational law, human rights, transnational commercial law, environmental law, comparative law and socio-legal method
- in common with other law schools, the degree program will result in our students obtaining a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD), allowing you to pursue a career in legal practice should you wish to do so
- we are specialists in the delivery of more than forty African and Asian languages. Your command of a language will set you apart from graduates of other universities
- you will be able to flexibly structure your programme using our Open Options modules to take advantage of the expertise of our other departments, including the opportunity to learn a regional language
The degree structure provides students with a qualifying law degree for the purposes of both the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board and exempts students from the academic stage of legal training.
Graduates have gone on to work for a range of organisations including:
- Allen & Overy
- Clifford Chance
- Baker McKenzie
- United Nations
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Gibson Young Solicitors
- Liberty UK
- Slaughter and May
- CMS Cameron McKenna
- Criminal Law
- Contract Law
- Public Law
- Legal Systems of Asia and Africa
- Law of Tort
- Law and Society in Africa
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Legal Studies View 209 other Bachelors in International Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with standard qualifications (such as A levels, International Baccalaureate or other High School qualifications considered equivalent to A levels) are not required to take the Law National Aptitude Test (LNAT), but the School of Law will consider making lower offers (eg AAA, AAB, ABB or 37, 36, 35 in International Baccalaureate) to candidates who do so and perform promisingly in that Test.
- Interview Policy:We also encourage applicants with non-standard qualifications (including Access to Higher Education Diploma and Foundation Courses) all of whom are required to take the LNAT. We also encourage students taking the SOAS Foundation Courses at IFCELS to apply. Students offering level 3 BTEC qualifications either on their own or in combination will be required to take the LNAT.
- A LEVELS: A*AA - AAB
- IB: 37 (6/6/6)
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.