Upon successful completion of the Computer Science (State University of New York - Empire State College) program at the New York College students will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Systems Analysis, Data Communications, Database Systems Software Engineering, E-Commerce and Web Design, Object-Oriented Programming (Java and/or Visual Basic) as well as a basic understanding of Microprocessor Design and Design of computing Languages
- Analyze, implement and manage computer systems in their technical and managerial dimensions.
- Understand and apply the theories and principles of systems design in real-life hardware and software projects.
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program.
- Explain the principles and theories of ethical decision-making and their practical implications in the everyday conduct of business.
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the fields of programming, software engineering and IT systems support and administration.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound technical and managerial decisions;
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis and interpretation as well as deep understanding of mathematics, essential for computer science professionals;
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications;
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behaviour, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business.
Computer Science graduates may be employed in the professional fields of computer systems programming, software engineering, networks support and administration, database design and management, systems analysis and testing, Internet and web design and more.
The role is most often challenging, varied and exciting. Given the paramount role of computer systems in business applications, computer science professionals form an essential part of the technical and managerial staff of the contemporary private or public organisation.
Our Computer Science graduates have found jobs in programming, telecommunications management, software engineering, technical support and administration and systems design, primarily in the service sector (telecommunications providers, web development firms, financial services etc.)
- Computer Applications
- Discrete Mathematics
- Data Structures
- Finite Mathematics
- Statistics for Business
- Operating Systems
- Principles of Management
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Human Computer Interaction
- Org. Behaviour
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 5 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The admissions process involves a comprehensive review of your academic background, test scores, application essay, recommendations, and activities both in school and in your community. All candidates for undergraduate admission must submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Undergraduate Study
- Personal statement/essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official transcripts of all college work, including non-credit course work, if any, and for transfer students
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Undergraduate programs tuition fees are in the range of 8,000 Euro
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.