The undergraduate certificate in Web 2.0 surveys the concepts, tools, and best practices used to build websites, blogs, forums, discussion boards, online communities, and wikis.
You will review the various methods of posting information from blogs into webpages using RSS and Atom techniques, and will examine how Web 2.0 has increased global communication, information sharing, and business success in many industries.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the architecture, directory structures, document flow, and protocols of the World Wide Web; also differentiate between the technologies, practices, and management issues in Web 1.0 and Web 2.0.
- Appraise the trends and the potential of Web 2.0.
- Profile the tools for building blogs, wikis, forums, discussion boards, and other Web 2.0 technologies.
- Design blogs using Web 2.0 tools for blogging, photo sharing, and social networking.
- Evaluate the principles and practices to manage the users of Web 2.0 tools and technologies.
- Analyze social networking and examine its impact on business processes and relationships.
- Assess the psychological and sociological aspects of Web 2.0.
- Appraise marketing and branding concepts in relation to Web 2.0.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Web Page and Web Site Design
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Web 2.0 Fundamentals
- Web Development Using XHTML
- Web Content Management Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 381 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) to apply to the university.
- You will be asked to submit a legible color copy of your valid government-issued photo ID before registering for courses. Military undergraduate students will submit a government issued JST or CCAF transcript.
- You may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment. If you have previously earned 9+ hours of college credit, please contact us about waiving this requirement.
- If you are a transfer student, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from any other schools where you earned college-level academic credit.
- Your first course here will be Foundations of Online Learning (COLL100).
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.