The certificate is designed to provide broad coverage of the major issues around Weapons of Mass Destruction Preparedness, in particular the various weapons of mass destruction, incident command.
This undergraduate certificate in Weapons of Mass Destruction Preparedness focuses on a select interdisciplinary set of topics in the undergraduate discipline of homeland security.
The certificate is designed to provide broad coverage of the major issues around Weapons of Mass Destruction Preparedness, in particular the various weapons of mass destruction, incident command, regulatory issues, and consequence management.
- Describe the threat posed to society by chemical, biologic, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) weapons.
- Name the state and non-state actors most likely to obtain weapons of mass destruction.
- Identify the motivation, ease, and constraints on both state and non-state actors in acquiring CBRN weapons.
- Describe countermeasures available to U.S. agencies fighting terrorism.
- Determine the role of the federal government in disaster response.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mind of a Terrorist
- Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Hazards
- Regulatory Issues in Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Introduction to Homeland Security and Defense
- Private Sector Homeland Security
- Port Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMilitary Science Emergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 55 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.