The student will explore graphical file formats, color and perception, color balance, histograms, web-friendly colors, the impact of image size and resolution on screen size and resolution, brightness, contrast, image noise, noise reduction, digital signal processing (blurring, de-blurring, Gaussian filters, sharpening, softening, spot healing, dodging, burning), transparency, opacity, hue, saturation, image layering, color blending (multiplying, dodging), image transformation (rotation, resizing, shearing), selections (pixel, vector), alpha channels, and image modes (grayscale, RGB, CMYK, HSB, indexed color).
This certificate also examines the process of designing, developing, and deploying text and graphics in motion in order to create a dynamic and interactive experience for the web user.
Students will develop storyboards, perform interaction design, animate type, and set illustrations in motion.
Students will examine and apply the theories and concepts behind developing illustrations, character animations, layers, frames, masks, symbols, libraries, motion tweens, shape tweens, nested objects, and animated shows.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the purpose and usage of smart objects, layers and vectors in editing, also differentiate between a raster image and a vector image; also detail the layer concepts of hiding, linking, and setting layer styles.
- Detail the capabilities of Adobe Photoshop as a tool for editing and restoring digital images, also describe the process for enhance digital images by manipulating sharpness, color, contrast, hue, brightness and resolution.
- Appraise the principles and concepts of effective design for organizing information, for performing site design, and for determining the navigation structure.
- Assess the principles for designing web pages, including the: content, typography, colors, images, and page layout; also examine the use of style sheets to enhance reusability and to design consistent interfaces.
- Compare and contrast the various image file formats on the web, including (GIF, JPG, PNG, and SVG).
- Assess the utility of Adobe Flash technology in streaming animations in web site; also assess the use of Tweens, Anchors, Guides, and Onions Skins to develop web animations
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Web Page and Web Site Design
- Image Enhancement using Adobe Photoshop
- Illustration and Design Using Adobe Illustrator
- Motion Graphics Using Adobe Flash
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Web 2.0 Fundamentals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design View 78 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.