Graduates will be able to build real-world Visual Basic applications based on the knowledge and skills gained in the program.
Prior experience with object-oriented software development is strongly recommended.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the impact of the .NET framework on IT Management, Security, and Global Economies as it applies to enterprise ecommerce solutions on the Web.
- Explore and analyze the hierarchy of the Framework Class Libraries (FCL); use the objects and properties to design and develop applications on the Web.
- Appraise the architecture, the life cycle, management issues, and process for developing Visual Basic and ASP Web applications.
- Differentiate between traditional programming and event-driven programming and also between traditional programming and object oriented programming (OOP); examine the application of OOP in the Visual Basic IDE.
- Appraise the features, functionality, power, and advantages of Visual Basic.NET that have made it a viable tool for Web site design, development, deployment, and management.
- Analyze the ASP.NET facilities to establish and maintain state between connections within the context of the stateless and connectionless HTTP protocol.
- Assess the provisions in VB.NET for performing component-based programming, exception handling, and interface-based programming; also assess their impact on IT Management.
- Discuss the architecture, advantages, and functionality of both ADO.NET and the Active-X component architecture; also explain the concept of connection pooling.
Accreditation within higher education is a voluntary, nongovernmental process that gives public recognition to institutions that meet established quality standards. The purpose of accreditation is to assure the public as to the quality of an institution and its commitment to high standards through a system of continuous improvement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Enterprise Development Using VB.NET: Introduction
- Enterprise Development Using VB.NET: Advanced
- Enterprise Development Using ASP.NET
- Web Development Using XHTML
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 91 other programmes in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) to apply to the university.
- You will be asked to submit a legible color copy of your valid government-issued photo ID before registering for courses. Military undergraduate students will submit a government issued JST or CCAF transcript.
- You may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment. If you have previously earned 9+ hours of college credit, please contact us about waiving this requirement.
- If you are a transfer student, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from any other schools where you earned college-level academic credit.
- Your first course here will be Foundations of Online Learning (COLL100).
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 18 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.