This certificate is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the United Nations. Particular emphasis is placed on the role of the UN in conflict, war, mediation, diplomacy, peacekeeping, and promulgation of international law.
This certificate is designed to prepare students for a career working with or for the UN, or other international organizations, including non-governmental organizations.
This certificate is also an excellent choice for student's whose career goals include working with peacekeeping operations and logistics or humanitarian assistance intervention and human security.
- Comprehend the theory and politics of conflict, war, mediation and diplomatic negotiations.
- Evaluate the potential for conflict in a country or region.
- Assess the rationale for negotiation and the life cycle of a conflict situation.
- Explain the various approaches toward United Nations peace operations.
- Evaluate the development of multiparty mediation and assess the benefits and drawbacks of such an approach.
- Analyze the complexity and limitations of negotiating across cultures and diverse groups.
- Describe the distinct nature of conflict in the post-Cold War era.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Terrorism and U.S. National Security
- International Conflict Resolution
- Principles of Peacekeeping
- Peacekeeping Logistics
- International Civil Order
- International Law
- History of Peacekeeping: 1945-1987
- History of Peacekeeping: 1988-Present
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 88 other programmes in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.