The Terrorism Studies certificate covers the fundamentals of Counter-Terrorism methodology and predictive intelligence methods.
Students completing the certificate will be able to define terrorism and understand why religious and politically motivated acts of violence occur.
They will recognize the ideological forces behind domestic and international terrorism, and identify the correct courses of action to take to combat this threat.
Moreover, this certificate will provide an overview of various individual terrorist groups- their histories, modus operandi as well as an examination of how best to employ the necessary counter-terrorism tools.
- Investigate the causes and support mechanisms of international and domestic terrorism.
- Examine the history of terrorism and its fundamental variations: domestic, trans-national, state-conducted, state-aided, and independent.
- Employ indication, warning, and predictive intelligence methods to forecast pending terrorist attacks.
- Examine effective methods of counter terrorism, response to reduce the effects locally, nationally, and globally.
- Explore the ideological forces behind terrorism and provide an overview of terrorist groups and their intimidation and fear tactics.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mind of a Terrorist
- Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Hazards
- Cyber Warfare
- Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Terrorism and U.S. National Security
- Illicit Finance
- Forecasting Terrorism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 65 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.