Students will study the impact of green infrastructure and sustainable design practices on U.S.
The Certificate in Sustainability offers students the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of resource and energy use and policy, study emerging renewable energy technologies, and assess the societal and economic barriers to implementation of sustainable practices.
Students will study the impact of green infrastructure and sustainable design practices on U.S. energy policy and apply the principles of sustainability to a wide variety of land use and development scenarios
Completion of this Certificate will prepare the student to plan and implement integrated, practical solutions that ultimately contribute to the conservation of national as well as global resources.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Explain the foundational principles of resource and energy sustainability.
- List current and emerging renewable energy technologies.
- Explain society’s dependence on fossil fuel and traditional energy sources.
- Explain the social and economic barriers that prevent the acceptance and use of sustainable products, goods and services.
- Apply the principles of sustainability to land use and development planning
- Assess the impact of green infrastructure and sustainable design on global resource sustainability
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Energy and Resource Sustainability
- Land Use and Planning
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
- Green Infrastructure and Renewable Technologies
- Water Resources Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 45 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.