This Certificate will provide the basic skills needed to update and/or broaden the knowledge of employees in the dynamic and fast growing retail industry. This certificate will provide critical knowledge necessary in today’s competitive retail market and will assist in transitioning into the management field of retailing. By developing management skills directly related to the retail industry, this Certificate is designed for students who wish to develop the skills necessary to become future successful retail managers and continue their educational pathway to a Retail Management Degree.
The Certificate in Retail Management seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of Retail Management, graduates in this certificate program will be able to:
- Define the basics of retail management functions/principles and explore ideal characteristics of a good manager.
- Define the basics of Customer Relations functions/principles and explore ideal characteristics of good customer relations as applied to individuals in both small/large organizations.
- Describe the importance of retail inventory management knowledge when viewing fundamental organizational requirements, recognize retail inventory skills required of managers, understand competitive dimensions, and describe how productivity is measured.
- Identify the goals of financial management and retail financial strategy.
- Decipher Risk Management planning and its use; how Risk management tenets can be applied to the Manager role; and, how to implement a policy and evaluate compliance.
- Identify various challenges that face retail leaders in both the private and public sector; understand commercial safety issues; and, identify how to create/maintain a safe work environment.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- RTMG150 Retail Organization Fundamentals
- RTMG200 Customer Relations
- RTMG20 1Retail Inventory Management
- RTMG202 Risk Management
- RTMG203 Commercial Safety
- RTMG204 Finance Fundamentals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management Retail Management View 26 other Masters in Retail Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.