Public lands are managed to accommodate and perpetuate a wide range of environmental, social, and economic values.
This Certificate will allow students to focus on the origins of national parks, forests, and refuges and to study the tools and techniques land managers use to provide ecosystem services to the public.
These tools will allow students to develop an understanding of regulatory and policy issues, the use of remote sensing and geographic information systems technology, and the application of land preservation and protection strategies.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- List the federal, state, and local agencies that manage public lands in the U.S.
- Explain the regulatory, policy, and political influences on public lands management.
- Develop management strategies for the management of public lands that balance competing needs and uses.
- Describe the techniques and strategies used to manage fish and wildlife resources on public lands.
- Evaluate land use, development, and management plans within and adjacent to public lands.
- Assess the current status of public lands and its contribution to the social and environmental sustainability of the U.S.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- U.S. Federal Environmental Organization
- Land Use and Planning
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
- Fish and Wildlife Policies, Programs, and Issues
- Public Lands Management
- Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Environmental Economics & Policy View 1441 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.