The program description has been revised: This certificate is a study of the concepts and technology trends essential to office productivity applications.
Students will explore the principles, practices, features, and functions of the word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and communications applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
These courses use the Microsoft Official Academic Course curriculum that is aligned with Microsoft’s Exam 77-881: Using Microsoft Office Word 2010, Exam 77- 882: Using Microsoft Office Excel 2010, Exam 77- 883: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010, and Exam 77-884: Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
The books meet the topical requirements for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Microsoft Office Word 2010 certification, Microsoft Office Excel 2010 certification, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 certification, and Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 certification.
This certificate also examines Internet concepts and emerging technologies such as Web 2.0. An undergraduate student, regardless of field of study, may enroll in this certificate.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Appraise the impact of the Microsoft Application Suite on IT Management as it applies to office productivity, collaboration, and security.
- Examine and use productivity software such as Microsoft Word to create lists, themes, mail merges, watermarks, templates, graphics, navigation tools, tables, charts, citations and bibliographies.
- Evaluate and use productivity software such as Microsoft Excel to create and format spreadsheets, manipulate data, and use formulas, charts, conditional logic, graphics, and security features.
- Examine the functionality of productivity software such as Microsoft PowerPoint to set up presentations, transitions, animations, and timing.
- Assess the functionalities of Microsoft Access Relational Database Management System (RDBMS to design and develop a database application that includes user interfaces, form design, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Appraise the use of productivity software such as Microsoft Outlook to follow up, categorize, set up rules, and program alerts.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Relational Databases with MS Access: Introduction
- Basic Productivity Applications
- Advanced Productivity Applications
- Office Presentation Applications
- Office Communications Applications
- Application Software Integration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 921 other programmes in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.