Students completing the certificate program will study business travel and conference management in the multi-billion dollar industry. Students discover how to create of a fine dining experience for consumers, standards and expectations of restaurant owners, managers, reviewers, and consumers.
They also learn risk management techniques that are needed to protect guests from safety hazards and firms from loss of profits specific to this unique sector of hospitality.
Lastly, the program tourism development as a process with its own organizational structures and its own responses to the economic cycle of supply and demand.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Apply the steps involved in planning meetings and special events.
- Evaluate the administration and logistics of a given event scenario.
- Explain the environmental concerns involved in managing an event.
- Analyze elements of a client culture affecting meeting and event planning.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Meeting and Convention Planning
- Convention Sales and Services
- Business and Conference Hospitality Mgmt
- Advanced Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Destinations and Cultures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEvent Management View 14 other Masters in Event Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.