The online Undergraduate Certificate in Law Enforcement Leadership from American Public University is designed to help prepare chiefs of police and other key state law enforcement command personnel for their leadership roles through providing professionally relevant education at the undergraduate level.
This certificate will provide intermediate level information that is designed to enhance the leadership and management skills of the officers enrolled in the program. The student will take six select courses in leadership and management in order to earn an undergraduate certificate in law enforcement leadership and will serve as a springboard for the student to seek an undergraduate degree in criminal justice, management or other relevant area of study.Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Examine management techniques, principles, philosophies which are part of organization change and transformation
- Develop a self-assessment of one’s own leadership and motivation skills, knowledge and attitudes
- Integrate the principles used in formulating and executing a strategic plan
- Evaluate the historical and current state of employment relations theory
- Analyze the four phases of the budget cycle
- Critique the concepts, skills, theories and techniques involving human resource management and HR practices in the workplace
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Budget Development and Execution3 hours
- Human Resource Management3 hours
- Employment and Labor Relations3 hours
- Leadership and Motivation3 hours
- Organizational Change3 hours
- Strategic Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Legal Studies Strategic Management View 146 other Masters in Strategic Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.