This certificate is a study of web site design, internet concepts, networking, web development fundamentals, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Flash.
The courses in this certificate program are aligned with the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Associate, CIW Associate Design Specialist, CIW Professional industry standard certifications.
It focuses on Web page layout, navigation, typography, Web graphics, color, color theory, web safe colors, HTML, XML, XHTML, structural elements (tables and framesets), cascading style sheets, and metadata.
It also concentrates on the technical side of the Internet, examining network types, protocols, browsers, search engines, email communication and personal information management, multimedia on the Web, Internet services and tools [newsgroups, telnet,
File Transfer Protocol (FTP), and instant messaging], internet security (encryption, authentication, firewalls, malware, virus detection and prevention, spyware, updates and patches), and IT project management.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the architecture, directory structures, document flow, and protocols of the World Wide Web.
- Compare and contrast the functions of network protocols, and describe network transmission media and types and identify network architecture and topologies, and describe the Internet architecture model and Internet protocols.
- Assess the principles for designing web pages, including the: content, typography, colors, images, and page layout; also examine the use of style sheets to enhance reusability and to design consistent interfaces.
- Investigate the principles and concepts of effective design for organizing information, for performing site design, and for determining the navigation structure.
- Examine the features, functions, and settings of E-mail and FTP; also evaluate the risks with using FTP.
- Differentiate between Web search engines, Web directories, and Web metasearch engines; also predict the future of Web search tools.
- Appraise Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and apply this knowledge to develop web page and web site templates.
- Develop X/HTML code to create Web pages with images and image map.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Web Page and Web Site Design
- Motion Graphics Using Adobe Flash
- Introduction to Networking
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Web Site Development Using DreamWeaver
- Internet Concepts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesGraphic Design Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 92 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.