Students completing the certificate will be able to describe the historical evolution of the U.S. national intelligence estimates (NIEs) from World War II to today. The Undergraduate Certificate in Intelligence Analysis is offered by the American Public University.
Moreover, the student will be able to apply advanced qualitative analytic procedures followed by some basic modeling and predictive analysis procedures.
They will also be able to utilize critical thinking and analysis skills, to include:
- Analysis of Competing Hypothesis (ACH), matrix analysis, decision/event trees, weighted rankings, and utility analysis, all meant to overcome cultural and psychological biases that can impact the objectivity of intelligence analysis and decision-making.
- Conduct basic research and provide professional analyses on issues critical to intelligence consumers.
- Identify the basic cognitive science principles that underlie human information processing and problem solving such as intelligence analysis.
- Complete intermediate-level analyses in selected areas critical to intelligence consumers.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design and Methods
- Critical Analysis
- Intelligence Analysis
- Threat Analysis
- Applied Geospatial Intelligence
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- Geographic Information Systems I
- Geographic Information Systems II
- Intelligence and Narcotics
- Forecasting Terrorism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Terrorism & Security View 115 other programmes in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) to apply to the university.
- You will be asked to submit a legible color copy of your valid government-issued photo ID before registering for courses. Military undergraduate students will submit a government issued JST or CCAF transcript.
- You may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment. If you have previously earned 9+ hours of college credit, please contact us about waiving this requirement.
- If you are a transfer student, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from any other schools where you earned college-level academic credit.
- Your first course here will be Foundations of Online Learning (COLL100).
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.