Note: Completion of the certificate work does not qualify graduates to apply for teaching licensure.The Undergraduate Certificate in Infant and Toddler Care is offered by the American Public University.
This certificate is designed for students wishing to develop and upgrade knowledge and skills related to work with children under the age of three in child care and educational settings.Note: Completion of the certificate work does not qualify graduates to apply for teaching licensure.
- Identify cognitive, physical, social, and emotional changes that occur in early childhood.
- Explore the relationship between a child’s development and interactions with parents, siblings, peers, and teachers.
- Examine the fundamentals of infant and toddler development, including planning and implementation of programs in daycare.
- Develop knowledge of formal and informal methods of gathering data on young children.
- Apply interpersonal, group, and presentational communication skills that are applicable in personal and professional cross-cultural environments.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Childhood Educational Development
- Infant and Toddler Programs
- Infant-Toddler Development
- Special Needs Students
- Intercultural Communication
- Observation Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy View 78 other programmes in Pedagogy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.