This certificate focuses on meeting industry needs for IT Managers that can manage cost, time, scope, quality, risk. The Undergraduate Certificate in IT Project Management Essentials is offered by the American Public University.
An undergraduate student, regardless of field of study, may enroll in the Certificate of IT Project Management.
This Certificate prepares an IT professional to seek higher level career positions such as: IT Project Manager, IT Manager, e-Business Project Manager, Web Content Manager, SEO Analyst, IT Cost Analyst, and IT Planner.
While enrolled in this certificate, the student will:
- Appraise the principles and practices for organizing, allocating, and managing project resources.
- Analyze the project management framework, including the stakeholders, domains, phases, processes, integration, and lifecycle.
- Examine the potential complexities and pitfalls in initiating and closing projects; and assess methods to mitigate this risk.
- Appraise the unique challenges in managing the scope, time, and cost of information technology projects.
- Assess the principles, strategies, challenges, and measures for managing quality and risk on IT projects.
- Analyze the phases, procedures, deliverables, and best practices for business systems analysis.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management Information Systems
- Information Technology Project Management
- Project Management Using MS Project
- Contemporary Internet Topics
- Cyberlaw and Privacy in a Digital Age
- Virtual Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesProject Management Informatics & Information Sciences View 218 other Masters in Project Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.