This Certificate prepares the adult learner to seek entry-level career positions such as: Network Security Analyst, Network Security Manager, Network Security Assessor.The Undergraduate Certificate in IT Infrastructure Security is offered by the American Public University.
This certificate focuses on assessing, mitigating, and managing security risks in IT infrastructures. Any undergraduate student, regardless of major, may enroll in the Certificate in Infrastructure Security.
This Certificate prepares the adult learner to seek entry-level career positions such as: Network Security Analyst, Network Security Manager, Network Security Assessor, and Network Security Designer.Program graduates will know how to design secure networks, develop risk mitigation plans, perform intrusion detection, and design secure networks.
- Appraise the impact of operating system and network security on Information Technology Management and global e-commerce.
- Establish the need for a reference model and examine the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and the Transmission Control Protocol/ Internet Packet (TCP/IP) reference models.
- Discuss the technical risks, performance factors, and security issues related to operating system and network security on e-commerce, information technology management, and global e-commerce.
- Examine the principles that enable viruses, worms, and Trojan horses to propagate and proliferate throughout the system.
- Differentiate between active and passive intrusion detection and examine the scope and procedures for implementing border and firewall security.
- Appraise the process for assessing network and application security and analyze the corresponding risk mitigation strategies and techniques.
- Assess the configuration, functionality, and risks of filtering and evaluate security systems such as firewalls, border routers, switches, and intrusion detection systems.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Local Area Network Technologies
- Operating Systems: Hardening and Security
- IT Security: Attack and Defense
- IT Security: Risk Management
- Computer and Network Security
- IT Security: Countermeasures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 180 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.