This undergraduate certificate in Homeland Security focuses on a select interdisciplinary set of topics in the undergraduate discipline of homeland security. The Undergraduate Certificate in Homeland Security is offered by the American Public University.
The certificate is designed to provide broad coverage of the major homeland security threats in particular weapons of mass destruction, intelligence, consequence management, and homeland defense.
- Identify the key challenges for the 21st century facing not only U.S. homeland security strategy, but also those of other major actors that might become peer competitors.
- Discriminate between valuable sources of information and those sources that are questionable.
- Differentiate between homeland security and homeland defense.
- Describe the national intelligence apparatus including FBI, CIA, and NSA.
- Assess proposals for improvement in the state of homeland security.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Homeland Security and Defense
- Private Sector Homeland Security
- Intelligence and Homeland Security
Choose 9 Credit Hours from the following:
- Mind of a Terrorist hours
- Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Hazards
- Regulatory Issues in Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Border and Coastal Security
- Port Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesGeography Terrorism & Security View 113 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.