The Forensics Certificate program enables students to gain a foundation in the principles of criminal liability and the attendant circumstances. The Undergraduate Certificate in Forensics is offered by the American Public University.
Students will analyze the science and art of profiling crime scenes, and subsequently offenders, using both physical and psychological evidence.
- Determine the usefulness of trace elements for the forensic comparison of various types of physical evidence and relate the advantages of evidence collection from the forensic scientist's point of view.
- Explain how the science and art of profiling crime scenes, and subsequently offenders, from physical and psychological evidence is key to the investigation of crimes for which there is no known perpetrator.
- Analyze contemporary practices associated with investigating the manner and cause of sudden, unexpected, and violent death.
- Assess environmental influences and motivating factors that result in criminal behavior.
- Describe how approaches to profiling can be applied to assist in solving crimes.
- Discuss principles of criminal liability and the acts, mental state, and attendant circumstances that are central ingredients in crimes against society, persons, or property.
- Describe why a basic knowledge of chemistry and human anatomy is critical in the world of forensics.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminal Profiling
- Crime Analysis
- The Pathology of Death Investigations
- Criminal Law
- Introduction to Chemistry with Lab
- Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesForensic Science View 52 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.