The Certificate in Fire Science is designed to provide the student a solid foundation in study of fire science. Students are introduced to the essentials of Building Construction for Fire Protection, Fire Behavior and Combustion, Fire Prevention, Fire Protection Systems, Principles of Emergency Services and Principles of Fire and Emergency Services Safety and Survival. The Undergraduate Certificate in Fire Science is offered by the American Public University.
Our certificate program follows the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education Model Curriculum (FESHE), as outlined by the United States Fire Administration and National Fire Academy.
Students completing the Fire Science certificate program will gain the practical working knowledge of the science of fire prevention, fire suppression and fire administration.
- Explain the chemistry components of combustion and how combustion is managed through science.
- Identify the various fire protection systems currently used in today’s building protection system.
- Identify construction methods and types of construction.
- Demonstrate use of risk analysis for a geographical community.
- Define the national fire flow formula for proper building protection and water supply.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fire Behavior and Combustion
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Protection Systems
- Fundamentals of Fire Protection
- Fire Protection in Building Construction
- Fire Protection Hydraulics and Water Supply
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Terrorism & Security View 62 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.