This certificate is designed for students wishing to develop and upgrade knowledge and skills related to the provision of educational and support services to families, parents and children. The Undergraduate Certificate in Family Studies is offered by the American Public University.
- Investigate dynamics and cultural influences within the family unit.
- Apply theoretical approaches to child rearing.
- Develop knowlege of practical skills for working with children and parents.
- Explore the aging process and its effects on the family.
- Explore and discuss strategies and practices of healthy and effective marriages and family relations.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Family Development
- Crime and the Family
- Introduction to the American Family
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Marriage and the Family
- Family Resource Management
- Family Communications
- Families and Social Action
- Transition and the Military Family
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 71 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.