Graduates may use their degree to help with professional advancement, or they may choose to pursue further study. The Undergraduate Certificate in Explosive Ordnance Disposal is offered by the American Public University.
In addition to becoming familiar with the history of explosives, explosive ordnance disposal concepts, and the science behind explosive devices, the student will also learn about emergency response to terrorist incidents and homeland security.
Upon completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the historical basis of the development of the Explosive Ordnance Disposal field (EOD).
- Identify the differences between military and civilian EOD organizations.
- Select the appropriate use of technology/approach in rendering safe operations.
- Describe the basic electrical and electronic theory/circuitry used in triggering and controlling standard explosive devices and improvised explosives devices (IEDs).
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry of Explosives
- History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal
- Electronics, Electricity, and Explosives
- Explosive Incident Assessment: Methods, Practices, Protocols
- Organization for Explosive Ordnance Disposal
- Introduction to Physics with Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 53 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) to apply to the university.
- You will be asked to submit a legible color copy of your valid government-issued photo ID before registering for courses. Military undergraduate students will submit a government issued JST or CCAF transcript.
- You may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment. If you have previously earned 9+ hours of college credit, please contact us about waiving this requirement.
- If you are a transfer student, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from any other schools where you earned college-level academic credit.
- Your first course here will be Foundations of Online Learning (COLL100).
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.