Coursework will prepare students to practically apply the technical aspects of environ. technology and management through the implementation of Environmental Manag. System, hazardous materials safety. The Undergraduate Certificate in Environmental Technology is offered by the American Public University.
The Certificate in Environmental Technology provides the student with a solid foundation in hazardous materials and waste management, environmental law and enforcement, and the management of pollution.
Coursework will prepare students to practically apply the technical aspects of environmental technology and management through the implementation of Environmental Management System, hazardous materials safety, and regulatory compliance programs.
The emphasis of this Certificate is the practical application of government regulatory, safety, and compliance measures for both private and public sector environmental professionals.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Define the theoretical foundation of the disciplines of environmental hazard mitigation and pollution management.
- Explain the regulatory, policy, and political influences on environmental management and sustainability.
- Develop management strategies that incorporate environmental compliance standards and achieve organizational missions.
- Describe the current and emerging technologies in the treatment, remediation, and disposal of environmental contaminants.
- Evaluate strategies and assess mitigation plans for environmental contaminants.
- Assess the consequences of the ecological impacts on public health and safety, and social and economic welfare.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry of Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste and Public Law
- Environmental Enforcement
- Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law
- Environmental Management Systems
- Pollution and Pollution Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 56 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.