As the technology field shifts, the curriculum must embrace the changes in technology to appropriately address the needs of the students.The certificate will broaden the scope of understanding e-commerce for IT students interested in embarking upon this new technology and pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree. The Undergraduate Certificate in E Commerce is offered by the American Public University.
As the technology field shifts, the curriculum must embrace the changes in technology to appropriately address the needs of the students.
The growth of the World Wide Web, supported by the increased use of the Internet to purchase goods and services, has led to e-commerce, or electronic commerce, the buying and selling of products and services via computer networks.
E-commerce is now one of the leading trends in Web technology that is influencing the use of Websites.
E-commerce focuses on three major types of e-commerce as defined by B2B (business-to-business) commerce, B2C (business-to-consumer), and C2C (consumer-to-consumer). The certificate will help students stay current and remain employable in today’s information age.
Upon completion of this plan, the student will be able to:
- Explain the evolution of e-commerce architecture.
- Summarize the social and economic influences of e-commerce.
- Assess the use of Web analytics, Web videography, search engine optimization, and Web content management systems to promote e-commerce.
- Compare traditional business models with growing Web technologies, Web analytics, Web videography, search engine optimization, and Web content management systems used for e-commerce.
- Develop management strategies that would incorporate e-commerce and achieve organizational missions.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Web Analytics
- Advanced Web Analytics
- Web eCommerce Development
- Web Videography
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Content Management Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Commerce View 34 other Masters in Commerce in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency,
- English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 24 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.