This certificate prepares the student to seek entry to mid-level career positions such as: Cyber Investigations Analyst, Computer/Digital Forensics Analyst, Security Analyst, Security Investigation Specialist, Investigative Specialist for the Justice Department, Evidence Analyst. Forensics Systems Analyst, Multi-media Exploitation Specialist, Information Systems Analyst, Information Systems Operations Analyst, Computer Forensics Analyst, Cyber Ninja, Cyber Athlete, and Cyber Gladiator. Program graduates will know the selection and utilization of various tools, techniques, and methods, specific to cyber analysts, to detect, recognize, document, certify, and verify cybercrime, cyber terrorism, cyberwar, cyberstalking, and cyberbullying. This Certification also maps to the general objectives of the International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) certification.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Cybercrime Essentials is offered by the American Public University.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Appraise the rudiments of cybercrime and computer forensics. Profile the challenges of securing information on the Internet.
- Assess the process, the techniques, and technologies used by hackers to gain unauthorized access to information systems.
- Examine the processes, best practices, and techniques to manage and prevent cybercrime.
- Inspect the strategies and steps to investigate digital evidence in cybercrime. Construct the legal portfolio of digital evidence to support the prosecution of cybercrime.
- Examine the file structures, formats and technical protocols in storage subsystems encountered in gathering digital evidence.
- Develop a plan to analyze the processes and practices to seize and secure digital evidence at a crime scene and to collect evidence in both the private and public sectors.
- Analyze the steps and process used to identify, secure, catalog, and store digital evidence.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- ISSC351 Computer Forensics
- ISSC361 Information Assurance
- ISSC422 nformation Security
- ISSC451 Cybercrime
- ITMG371 Contemporary Internet Topics
- ITMG381 Cyberlaw and Privacy in a Digital Age
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesIT Security View 181 other programmes in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency, English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.