This certificate prepares an Information Technology (IT) professional to seek entry-level career positions in administration, development, and integration, such as: Help Desk Support Analyst, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, PC Specialist, and Systems Analyst. The Undergraduate Certificate in Computer Systems and Networks is offered by the American Public University.
Program graduates will possess the right skills to design and administer networks; build, repair, and troubleshoot PCs, networks, and peripherals; and head help desk and client support.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate CPU architectures.
- Evaluate the organization of the motherboard and the processes for monitoring and managing Windows client operating systems.
- Appraise memory subsystems and bus architectures in computer systems.
- Analyze the formatting, protocols, and latency of storage subsystems.
- Examine the component architecture of notebook computers.
- Appraise the directory, file, registry, and event management systems, and the methods to mitigate risk by minimizing the exposure of information and by improving access control.
- Investigate the processes for analyzing problems, synthesizing solutions, tracking progress, and managing customer relationships related to computer hardware systems.
- Investigate the process to configure Local Area Networks (LAN) and to optimize the utilization of memory, storage, and CPU resources.
- Assess the methodology to harden and secure operating systems and computer information.
- Analyze the layers of the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) reference model, Wireless & Mobile Networks, and Multimedia Networking, Security in Computer Networks, and Network Management.
- Appraise the impact of computer systems and networks on global commerce, and analyze the related societal, legal, and economic issues.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Systems Organization: Intermediate
- Computer Systems Organization: Advanced
- Computer Hardware Systems
- Local Area Network Technologies
- Introduction to Networking
- Network Telecommunication Concepts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 893 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. We are an online university and students are not required to enter the U.S. Therefore, we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- In addition to the admission requirements for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require additional documents related to residency, English proficiency, and educational background. Our institution maintains the right to require this documentation when needed.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.