As a pioneer in online education, the University offers its innovative Undergraduate Certificate in Cloud Computing entirely online. This allows IT and related professionals the ability to obtain a career-relevant certificate in an emerging discipline, while balancing their existing priorities. The Undergraduate Certificate in Cloud Computing is offered by the American Public University.
Through this dynamic program, students learn fundamentals of cloud computing and how to manage security and privacy practice issues associated with cloud computing.
The course explores Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and instructs students on how to effectively convert logical designs into services that integrate into cloud environments.
Students learn to assess and evaluate enterprise systems and security and privacy risks in order to justify the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
The online Undergraduate Certificate in Cloud Computing and related IT disciplines are taught by dedicated practitioners. Many are IT leaders sharing their extensive real-world knowledge in the online classroom.
Students connect and collaborate with peers from around the world. They learn best practices designed for the next generation IT professional, including how to adopt green IT strategies to reduce an organization’s environmental impact and generate tangible results.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough comprehension of the key principles of cloud computing and the security and privacy involved with this emerging technology.
- Examine Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and convert logical designs into services that can be implemented in today's Cloud environments.
- Assess, evaluate, and apply the necessary tools to analyze an organization’s assets and verify if the cloud security and privacy implications are justifiable in implementing Cloud Computing
- Employ the appropriate resources to model service specifications and service contracts to perform service orchestration.
- Demonstrate effective decision making and management techniques to support the organization’s objective of growth while putting best practices into place.
- Apply best practices for the next generation IT professional through continuous awareness for the environmental impact when developing and implementing IT systems and reap the business benefits of adopting a Green IT strategy.
- Cloud Computing
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Green Computing: Foundations and Strategies
- Green Computing: Advanced Topics
- Virtualization Security
- Cloud Security and Privacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesWeb Technologies & Cloud Computing View 485 other programmes in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) to apply to the university.
- You will be asked to submit a legible color copy of your valid government-issued photo ID before registering for courses. Military undergraduate students will submit a government issued JST or CCAF transcript.
- You may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment. If you have previously earned 9+ hours of college credit, please contact us about waiving this requirement.
- If you are a transfer student, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from any other schools where you earned college-level academic credit.
International5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.